Happy Mother’s Day!
Make your mom’s yard beautiful this Mother’s Day. Here are a few tips on how to create some nice looking stripes while mowing her lawn in St. George, Utah.
The key to creating good looking stripes is to bend the grass blades down in certain directions so the light catches it and creates the effect of the light and dark strips. To do this, you’ll need to have something attached to the back of your mower to matt down the grass as you mow.
- Get a lawn striping kit or create your own using a pipe and zip ties.
- Follow this video to create your own striping kit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcMD72YAv-I&t=8s
- Make sure your grass is at a proper height.
- The higher the grass, the more it can bend the grass over to catch the light. We recommend to stripe your grass at about 3 ½ inches tall.
- Ensure your grass has a proper thickness.
- In order to have defined stripes, your lawn needs to be about as thick as carpet.
- Mow in straight lines.
- Straight lines will dramatically increase the striping effect, so be sure to be careful as you create your stripes.
For your lawn sprinkler needs contact us here.